Sunday, December 26, 2010

Xmas time

Well I am now in the midst of my first holiday season away from home. I just wrapped up Christmas weekend, and this upcoming Saturday will be New Years. It's been a bitter sweet time. Tyler is leaving soon so it was nice to spend Christmas dinner with him and Matt, both of them arrived within a day of me and we trained together and lived in that repulsive love motel together for the first two weeks. We had dinner at a local Canadian restuarant with turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, yummy.
We ended up staying out really late, a first for me on Christmas. I usually think of Christmas as a holiday to spend curled up in a warm room with coco and family, but this year was still fun.
I got to virtually spend the holidays with my family. I skyped with my sister in Denmark, and waved hello to my danish aunt, uncle and cousin. Then later I skyped with my mom, Peitsa, Mikko and his girlfriend in Castro Valley, California. They had finished family dinner at my step-grandmothers house and were about to travel down to Santa Cruz to see our cousins.
It's so cold in Korea that I'm going to see if I can convince my friends to stay in for New Years... ha, yeah right, I doubt they will go for that, but I'll at least try.
I also got to skype with Vicki, Chris and Jesse today. Three people from back home that I haven't spoke to in much too long. I miss everyone from home a lot, and I look forward to your visits (hintity-hint-hint).
Feliz Navidad y feliz ano neuvo!

No comments:

Post a Comment