Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shopping Day

Time is running out til my departure and I still have a lot to do and buy. Packing for an entire year is odd because I know that it's inevitable that I will forget at least one crucial thing, and furthermore, how can I predict everything I will want for the next twelve months.
I was hoping that my purchases would not exceed $150, but after buying 3 sticks of deodorant (I need 5) and one opcon eyedropper for $26 (!!) Im starting to second guess my estimate. I still have quite the extensive laundry list of bathroom necessities, and business attire I need. Today Im hoping to find a lot of my list of sale (crossing fingers). I can't believe that I'm leaving so soon.
I'm excited and nervous for the new challenge I'm about to face, the first couple days that I'm in Seoul will be spent house hunting in a city that I don't speak the language. Someone advised me to find my own housing and to not go through my employer because I can save a lot more money, but it will also be much more difficult. I was picking through Craigslist Seoul today and found quite a few cheap places, one was a dorm but I have to share the kitchen and I'm not sure if I can have guests.
I really wanted to get my own place so that I have free range to have people over and get a pet, but getting a room is much much cheaper. I guess I'll see what happens when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment