Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome to Casa de Gross

I apologise in advance, this blog is going to be a tad ranty, I really cannot wait until I can move out of my apartment.
Yesterday, after a nice day at work, my final student canceled and I was able to get off an entire hour early. Tyler also had a cancelation so we celebrated by enjoying his nice, new internet at his place. We watched a couple episodes of Family Guy, including my favorite epsiode "mother tucker" and ate tangerines (2,000 won for a small bag, cheap and healthy). I called it a night at 10:30ish and scurried up the dark street to my apartment. I know that Korea is 1,000 times safer than the U.S. but being a female walking up a dark street will never feel quite right to me, so I shall continue to run that half block after dark.
Once in my building I was hit with a wall of freezing stale air, how is it colder in my hallway than it is on the street? The lights in the hallway are motion sensitive, but they don't activate until you are directly under the motion sensor which are located at the far end of each hall, so at each new floor I have to wade into the darkness and thoughts of the Grudge and the Ring always make cameos in my head at these vulnerable moments. I was relieved that Mr. Loud-Across-The-Hall guy was not home, and stepped inside my apartment.
When I entered my apartment I learned two things; my bathroom light switch was broken (peculiar because it was not broken when I left in the morning and my paranoid self is wondering if someone was in my apartment when I wasn't there) and my refridgerator that I unplugged because of the ridiculous noise it was making, has a dairy drink in it. Well, the second one is entirely my fault, I absentmindedly thought (swore even) that I had thrown that drink away, alas no, I did not.
So, I cannot move into the new apartment until someone agrees to move into my current apartment, but my housing manager has not taken anyone to see it yet, and now my bathroom light switch is broken and the fridge door smells like something that should be administered as a punishment. Yay me?
This morning I was awaken suddenly by Mr. Loud-Drunk-Jerk-Across-the-Hall, in my disoriented state I looked at my clock, 1:30am, great. I jammed by earplugs in my ear to muffle his drunken yells and by some miracle was able to fall back asleep.
On my way to work this morning I started listing everything wrong with my apartment in my head, and for the sake of my own sanity I really need to get out of there. I hope everything works out okay, my alleged move out day is Feb 8th, but today I am going to be scrubbing that fridge out and buying some heavy duty fabreeze!

1 comment:

  1. on the one hand im really glad to see you posting often, i really enjoy reading about whats your doing and whats on your mind. on the other hand its too bad that i read about how awful your apartment situation is. i hope all goes well and things start to get better in the living situation. keep blogging, and hope to skype soon.

    ReplyDelete